2020 has been quite a year so far, hasn’t it? Time for an awesome vacation at Bay View Pines in Truro.
South Truro, where the house is located, is very rural and most houses, including ours, are separated from neighbors and they feel isolated and private. Fisher Beach is close by, and there’s plenty of room to spread out and maintain social distancing. The Town of Truro has had only ten confirmed cases of COVID-19, and no new cases since mid-May.
If you’re looking forward to enjoying the beach, and watching the sunset (or sunrise) from the deck, you’re in luck. If you bring most or all of your food with you, you’ll easily have the choice of a quarantine-like experience while enjoying the benefits of a Cape Cod vacation. Willing to do some careful grocery runs? Stop n Shop in Orleans and Provincetown are open, and provide sterilizing wipes, masked and distanced employees, and one-way aisles. The Wellfleet Marketplace has all that and adds gloves (provided).
The house has always been professionally cleaned before each guest arrives, and that will be no different this summer. This year, our cleaner will be following an enhanced checklist (from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts through WeNeedAVacation.com), and will be documenting her work on the Cleaning Log located on the refrigerator.
We’ve taken the liberty of adjusting the cleaning checklist in the following ways:
- PPE means masks and gloves
- Books, brochures and magazines (and DVDs/videos) are part of the vacation lifestyle at Bay View Pines; we’re rather proud of our libraries. They will still be available. If this is a concern, they’re easily avoided. Remember – wash your hands a lot.
- The inside of kitchen cabinets and drawers will not be cleaned between guest weeks.
- Blankets, bedspreads and pillow covers will not be changed out or laundered between guests weeks. If this is a cause for concern, be sure to bring your own.
- We are providing disinfectant wipes, bleach cleaners and hand soap for your personal use. If there are other cleaners that you think you might need, bring them with you.
In order to facilitate contact tracing if the need arises, please complete the contact list (provided in your gift basket) for any guests not registered through Duarte/Downey (even if they just stop by to say ‘hello!’), and return it to D/D upon checkout.
In the unlikely event that someone in your group tests positive for COVID-19, or shows any symptoms, it’s imperative that you observe the following protocols:
- If you or anyone in your party test positive or show any symptoms related to COVID-19 prior to your arrival, you/they may not enter the house, and you must notify us immediately.
- If you or anyone in your party test positive or show any symptoms related to COVID-19 after to your arrival, you/they must notify us immediately and make arrangements to leave as soon as possible.
- If you or anyone in your party test positive or show any symptoms related to COVID-19 within 2 weeks of your stay, you/they must notify us immediately.
- Follow the CDC’s guidelines for cleaning and safety throughout your stay.
As usual, please contact us with any questions or concerns. We are always committed to your stress-free and memorable vacation at Bay View Pines!