It’s been quite a pandemic so far, hasn’t it? Time for an awesome vacation at Bay View Pines in Truro.
South Truro, where the house is located, is very rural and most houses, including ours, are separated from neighbors and they feel isolated and private. Fisher Beach is close by, and there’s plenty of room to spread out and maintain social distancing. The Town of Truro has escaped the worst of the pandemic, even with a full rental season last summer, and at this point we are going weeks between cases.
At this point, in Massachusetts, there are no state-level travel prohibitions, nor are there quarantine requirements for visitors.
If you’re looking forward to enjoying the beach, and watching the sunset (or sunrise) from the deck, you’re in luck. If you bring most or all of your food with you, you’ll easily have the choice of a quarantine-like experience while enjoying the benefits of a Cape Cod vacation. See the “Eats/Coffee” section of this manual for details regarding grocery curbside pickup and delivery options.
Town of Truro beaches are open this summer. Keep updated at the Town of Truro’s Department of Recreation and Beaches website.
In general, this summer it’s still a good idea to call ahead (websites aren’t always up-to-date) if you’re planning on any excursions throughout the Outer Cape.
The house has always been professionally cleaned before each guest arrives, and that will be no different this summer. What you should know:
- The inside of kitchen cabinets and drawers will not be cleaned between guest weeks.
- Blankets, bedspreads and pillow covers will not be changed out or laundered between guests weeks. If this is a cause for concern, be sure to bring your own, or launder when you get here.
- We are providing disinfectant wipes, bleach cleaners and hand soap for your personal use. If there are other cleaners that you think you might need, bring them with you.
- In the unlikely event that someone in your group tests positive for COVID-19, or shows any symptoms, it’s imperative that you observe the following protocols:
- If you or anyone in your party test positive or show any symptoms related to COVID-19 prior to your arrival, you/they may not enter the house, and you must notify us immediately.
- If you or anyone in your party test positive or show any symptoms related to COVID-19 after to your arrival, you/they must notify us immediately and make arrangements to leave as soon as possible.
- If you or anyone in your party test positive or show any symptoms related to COVID-19 within 2 weeks of your stay, you/they must notify us immediately.
Follow the CDC’s guidelines for cleaning and safety throughout your stay.
As usual, please contact us with any questions or concerns. We are always committed to your stress-free and memorable vacation at Bay View Pines!